Idea Exchange

ILS - Sierra

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Staff members not authorized to delete item records are currently allowed to do so when deleting checkin records. This should not be the case.

If a person who does not have permission to create item records attempts to create an item record as part of the checkin process for a serial, they will be prompted for override credentials in order to do so. This should be the case (especially!) with deleting item records as well. That is, when someone without delete items permissions attempts to delete a checkin card along with its attached items, it should prompt for override credentials…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. What if you could send an email to all the Sierra users with a given permission? Like everyone with access to Global Update, or Data Exchange, or Print/Send Orders.

Idea Value
    This would allow a system admin to communicate directly and easily with all the people using a particular feature. For example, I'm working on a project now cleaning up saved searches in Create Lists. I could email everyone, but I know that a lot of people are not on Create Lists, and don't want that email. Right now, I don't have a good way to contact just those people.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea has been reviewed with Engineering and would require a large effort to add emails to staff user accounts and create a way within the Admin App to select a group of users and send them a message. 

Although this idea would benefit staff users, Innovative doesn't have the capacity to include this development in the near-term product roadmap. It will be archived for future reference.

3. In the web-based Admin App, currently you need to click on the edit button in order to open a user record. However, that button is hidden at first and only appear once you have expanded the entry in the browse to see the list of associated applications and workflows (which personally I never need to see from this screen).

This very much fits into the category of pet peeve but that extra click is not at all necessary and it would be simpler and save some screen real estate if that hidden edit button were removed and the username were…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In accordance with the Idea Graduation Workflow guidelines agreed upon by Innovative and IUG, this idea has been closed because it was submitted more than two years ago and has not been selected for inclusion in the product.

This idea is still available for commenting but is no longer eligible for voting.

Ideas that were submitted three or more years ago are archived for future reference.

4. Provide data for tracking Sierra users (library staff). For example, log sign on and sign out dates and times. Perhaps add a "Last signed in" date field to the user record. Other data points might also be worthy of recording, such as types of records accessed.

Idea Value
    Given that libraries handle possibly sensitive personal data, system users who have access to such data should be trackable. Currently, it's not even possible to find when the last time a user has signed on to the system.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In accordance with the Idea Graduation Workflow guidelines agreed upon by Innovative and IUG, this idea has been closed because it was submitted more than two years ago and has not been selected for inclusion in the product.

This idea is still available for commenting but is no longer eligible for voting.

Ideas that were submitted three or more years ago are archived for future reference.

• Don't see your idea?