Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. OAI-PMH harvesting from Polaris to Trove, now that this is in process for sierra we would like to see this for Polaris.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the client, duplicate detection for MARC records is triggered by (re)saving the record, but can also be triggered separately as an action under the Tools menu. In Leap, resaving the record is the only way to trigger the function. This means cataloguers have to do a fake edit in order to un-grey-out the save button and click past any other functions, such as MARC validation, before they can get to the matching record(s).

Having duplicate detection as a separate function (maybe under Actions or as a button in the MARC view) would save cataloguers time and extra clicking.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great to have an option to go back and view recent search history or search results in the find tool in Leap. I often close out of a search too soon and realize I need to go back for more information, or realize that I actually had the results I needed two searches ago.
    Being able to quickly view recent search results rather than constructing the whole search again would save a lot of time.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the same way that you can bulk select multiple non-sequential emails in web email services and right click to take action, Leap should allow users more flexibility to bulk select records to be added to a record set. This is something that is useful in the windows staff client and should be available in the web Leap interface. Also, please add a Load All option at the top of Leap retrieval/record sets to take place of the karate chop, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the results to access the Load More button.

Idea Value
    Improves…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When working with a list of bibs, items or patrons, ability use ctrl and shift keys to select a chunk of sorted records (without having to checkmark each item) to add them to a record set. If other web tools like gmail can do this for email deletions, it seems we could do this with LEAP too.

Idea Value
    Saves time.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?