Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Making LEAP more accessible and usable for everyone is key to system-wide adoption. I know LEAP can be finicky when display and text scaling and zoom levels are beyond 100%. But improving support for larger text would be a game-changer for many! I have a couple suggestions that I think could make a big difference:

1. Support zoom and text resize beyond 100% throughout LEAP, especially with the Find Tool, so users with vision needs can actually read the text. This small enhancement would be huge!

2. Perform a VPAT and implement recommendations. This will uncover ways to improve overall accessibility per…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I cannot think of a situation where, if I have a record set containing more than 250 items, it would be okay to proceed with doing things in that record set without loading in all of the items. It is typical to need to take a similar action on all items in large record sets but very challenging due to the 250 at a time limit. I just had to scroll and click more 27 times before I could embark on a bulk change. There should be a load all button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the client, duplicate detection for MARC records is triggered by (re)saving the record, but can also be triggered separately as an action under the Tools menu. In Leap, resaving the record is the only way to trigger the function. This means cataloguers have to do a fake edit in order to un-grey-out the save button and click past any other functions, such as MARC validation, before they can get to the matching record(s).

Having duplicate detection as a separate function (maybe under Actions or as a button in the MARC view) would save cataloguers time and extra clicking.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the same way that you can bulk select multiple non-sequential emails in web email services and right click to take action, Leap should allow users more flexibility to bulk select records to be added to a record set. This is something that is useful in the windows staff client and should be available in the web Leap interface. Also, please add a Load All option at the top of Leap retrieval/record sets to take place of the karate chop, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the results to access the Load More button.

Idea Value
    Improves…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to check out items to patrons; check in items

The Polaris API does not provide methods for checking out (issuing/charging) items to patrons.

It also doesn't provide methods to check in (return/discharge) items after being returned to the library.

Requested improvement:provide a way to check out an item to a patron through the Polaris APIprovide a way to check in an item through the Polaris API

Idea Value
    This would allow libraries to interface with 3rd party apps which provide check out and check in functionality. These types of services are more relevant than ever now that libraries are…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?