Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Currently printing receipts from the Leap web app is unideal, requiring either significant manual intervention from the user or extensive browser tweaks to get it operable. A background desktop client (similar to JSPrintManager) could handle the printing far better than the browser does natively.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I cannot think of a situation where, if I have a record set containing more than 250 items, it would be okay to proceed with doing things in that record set without loading in all of the items. It is typical to need to take a similar action on all items in large record sets but very challenging due to the 250 at a time limit. I just had to scroll and click more 27 times before I could embark on a bulk change. There should be a load all button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This might be a little specific, but I am proposing that the item due date should be stored as part of the check-in transaction in the Transactions Database in SQL.

Idea Value
    This seems like a relatively small change to the SQL tables, but it would allow some information to be more easily gathered. For instance, I recently received a question where I was trying to determine if there's any trend in what triggers the return of overdue material (e.g. first/second notice, the bill, or collections). If the due date was included in the check-in transaction, I think I would…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to check out items to patrons; check in items

The Polaris API does not provide methods for checking out (issuing/charging) items to patrons.

It also doesn't provide methods to check in (return/discharge) items after being returned to the library.

Requested improvement:provide a way to check out an item to a patron through the Polaris APIprovide a way to check in an item through the Polaris API

Idea Value
    This would allow libraries to interface with 3rd party apps which provide check out and check in functionality. These types of services are more relevant than ever now that libraries are…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When searching in Leap, any applied filters are automatically discarded when the search box is closed. It would be beneficial to have the option to make filters stick from search to search. A good example is in the case of consortia - it would be extremely helpful if the patron assigned library filter would stick so staff would always begin an initial search for patrons with their library filter in place.

Idea Value
    Time savings would be gained if staff did not have to select a specific filter each time a search was conducted - such as selecting the patron…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We found a way to solve for this while working on the recent search history in Leap. This will be included in Polaris 7.7 through the recent search feature and saving filters as part of saved searches.

6. For collection development purposes, we need to know how popular an item is. Right now, renewals from the same patron counts as a circ. It would help to have renewals counted separately so that we can have an accurate circulation stat. For example, our YA Manga (33090005890258) shows that lifetime circulation is 5 but it's actually 2 patron checkouts with 3 renewals. This number makes it seem that this manga is more popular than it is. New items are easier to count right now but as time passes, looking at the history will become more time consuming.

Idea Value
    Time…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?