ILS - Sierra

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. Idea Description
    Fix the URL Checker "print" option to email, which can be useful to embed URLs and forward them to work on offline, but the columns on the report break the URLs and the report is useless since the full URL is forced to break based on a fixed pre-determined length of column.  This would help both interactive / custom reports as well as a larger report of the list of errors. In example provided, anything not underlined in "blue" that wraps to a second line is a broken URL that will not launch.  

Idea Value
    Value is high…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a library worker using the Sierra staff client, when I have a review file open or selected, I want some navigation that will take me directly to Global/Rapid Update to work on that review file.

Idea Value
    I am constantly creating review files then editing them in Global or Rapid Update. This is a big part of my job. I don't know how many times I've gotten to Global/Rapid Update and I can't remember the number of the list I'm working on. It would be great to have navigation in Create Lists that would take me directly to Global/Rapid…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Idea Description

Currently within create lists there is a option to add records to a list that can be accessed when viewing the contents of a review file.  This opens a search window where you can then pull up a record and add to the review file once you've found what you're looking for.

It'd be nice to open up this function and make it accessible outside of Create Lists such that from any record you can click on an "add to list button", which would bring up a window of existing review files of the relevant record type and…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Idea Description

Create tools for managing the hidden review files that are created by the system or record loading.  Being able to see the list of hidden review names, record numbers, dates, would be great for system housekeeping.  Being able to bulk delete the review files many of which are from record loading would be even better!

Idea Value

This idea would go a long way to helping system administrators clean up the review file section of the system.  The currently method of having to copy them is clunky at best.  Deleting them one at a time is even clunkier and…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At the end of the year/before we open on January 2nd, we have to manually zero out the YTDCIRC and replace the LYRCIRC with YTDCIRC. Besides being time-consuming if you have a lot of records, this process also then changes the last updated date of the item record, which makes that date less helpful, especially for missing, lost, etc items. This should be done automatically, and it should not change the last updated date of the item record.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Even if III isn't able to provide a full-fledged editing interface for Load Profiles, add a mode in which we can view Load Profiles and Put PC to back them up. That's so much easier than having to setup FTP to the site, which our IT prohibited when I first gave up on it. This should apply to both m2btabs and m2bmaps.

Idea Value
    Make it possible to backup load profiles on PC, which would enable much easier documentation of the variety of load tables and maps, and the load profile menu.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Load Tables are a critical point for any data management of a library. While many functions and features have been migrated from character-based system access to web access or within the SDA, this feature has not changed. Programming with what seems like a unix-based editor reminds me of the "dark ages" of programming.

Idea Value
    Many times the syntactical error or omission of a line in my load table editing sessions happen because of the UNIX-like environment where editing takes place. Increased modernization of the editor would streamline the process.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea was selected for development from the All Systems Go challenge.

Design of this enhancement is underway. I will provide an update when we have determined which release will include this enhancement.

• Don't see your idea?