Due Date Display
It would be helpful to display due date(s) for item(s) in the location drawer. This would enable staff and patrons to see this info in one step when they select the item's location.
-
Andie Meyer
commented
Patron had issues with both the app and catalog as it no longer shows the due date of checked out items (as it did with our previous catalog). They would use this as a homeschooler to decide whether or not the book might feasibly be available by the time they get to that unit. Since it is not displayed on the item status, it's like it is a guessing game as to whether the book will get to them in time for them to use.
-
Leslie Noble
commented
We are new to Vega and patrons will want an easier way to see return dates. Thank you!
-
Jennifer Sullivan
commented
Yes please, this was available in Encore and patrons are asking for the same functionality.
-
Betsy Raczkowski
commented
We have patrons who frequently ask for this. I do think it would be helpful for people who would maybe be willing to place a hold if it were coming back soon, but would move on if it isn't due back for a while. I agree that this feature being optional would be helpful as well.
-
Alison Pruntel
commented
I would want this to be optional. While at first I wanted it (it displays in classic WebPAC), I then realized that it's cut down on patrons asking repeatedly about items close to or slightly overdue, as they focus on the due date ("that should have been returned last week!"). They now just see it checked out and place a hold vs. not placing a hold and pestering staff.