Find Tool Customization
Currently there are a lot of search options that many of our staff do not use within the search tool. I would love a way to customize this per user either to have favorites that float to the top or a way to suppress options that can still be quickly revealed for those extra rare use cases.
-
Michelle Best
commented
With addition to this because many libraries have many different criteria they use for data and finding specific materials it would be nice to have the same column choices for item searches and Bib searches. It is a nice feature to have the options to search both ways with the columns but because of needing information one gives and not the other and vice versa it seems more difficult to get the information needed. I would suggest giving the options in both areas of what is available to fill in when cataloging.
-
Molly Komp
commented
I would like to add to this, unless there is another idea I missed..., that staff be able to add more in terms of Bib records fields for the columns.
This may be hard to do, but the BIB results don't give staff everything they need to see and the Item results don't give them the combination of BIB and Item info they want to see in the results. I don't know how this would be done, but would be helpful for staff.
-
Danette Zingsheim
commented
I was just using the find tool. And it's great that you can pick one favorite; however, there are multiple items I use regularly. There are also some I never use and never will. I was thinking it would be great if we could arrange it to have them in order of need.
-
Jamie Naylor
commented
Multiple favorites (or a custom user view) within the Find Tool would streamline workflows for staff who regularly use multiple search paths.
I regularly use paths for SQL searches for bibliographic and item records, and Power searches for patron, bibliographic and item records. Quick access to these direct paths would be great.
Our frontline staff navigate past multiple options as they switch between patron and bibliographic searches, especially when filtering the initial search and skip the native search box in the header.