Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. We often use the "Holds" reports of Simple Reports to watch demand on titles - especially the Hold Count report. It would be very helpful if UPC could be one of the output columns, so that we could copy it for media, which doesn't always have an ISBN in the vendor MARC.
    Right now we have to output the bib record id, copy it and search in Polaris, then copy the UPC from there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to be able to run reports in Simply Reports to get our item return statistics broken down into time increments (such as hourly), as well as by date.

This would be useful for tracking busy times and identifying trends/patterns at our library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Simply Reports, some filter menus do not populate options until a library/branch is chosen (i.e. Shelf Location, Stat Code, Statistical Class). This is helpful for consortia because the menus only become populated with the options available at each selected branch(es), keeping the options to a manageable size.

We would like to see this dynamic menu functionality applied to the Collection, Material Type, and Patron Code filters as well.

Currently, our consortium has 55 Material Types, 57 Patron Codes, and 284 Collections to choose from in these menus, which becomes quite overwhelming for users and involves A LOT of tedious…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We would like to have more enhanced data fields within SimplyReports in order to help users create reports that can fit their needs a bit better. For example, we recently ran into an issue where a staff member wanted a field that can indicate status descriptions for Lost/Unpaid or Lost/Accruing. In this case, it was explained that there would need to be a combination of patron account information, item status information and library settings needing to be available in order for this to work. Can possibly looked into for the future?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I regularly have need to provide a list of items to partner organizations. This would be most easily accomplished by simply exporting the data from an existing record set to excel. I have also recently had need for an export option from a Patron Record set. Export is currently an option for Bib Record Sets and I am hoping it can be added for Patron and Item as well.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to pull in a customer's reading history at GREATER than 250 items at a time (similar to the 'karate chop' feature in Polaris client.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Simply Reports, add ‘Hold activation date’ as an option under ‘Hold relative date filters’ for Hold List reports.
    We want to be able to use this report to provide a list of holds 45 days or more not filled based on the Hold activation date.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have a number of custom reports in the Polaris Staff Client that need to be accessible to our Circulation Staff in Leap. Ideally all Polaris canned reports should also be available to all staff in Leap. One custom report we use is for patrons who don't have an email address. Their notification option is set to mailing address. However, if they have a hold we call them instead of sending the hold notice by mail. The custom report is a quick way to find the patrons that we need to call. Staff have to have access to both Polaris…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to set expectations, our strategy at this time is for users to access reports through the SSRS portal. As Eleanor mentioned in her comment, we are adding customizable menu options to Leap in 7.5 with the intent that they be used to link users to the reporting interface.

9. There are multiple reports in the "canned reports" available through the Staff Client and through SSRS that deliver incomplete and/or absolutely wrong data.

For instance, the Patron Register report only looks at extant patrons in the Polaris database right now. That means that, if a library had a patron purge, those patrons are gone. If one runs a Patron Register report after the purge for a time before the purge, the registration numbers will absolutely be wrong. This would also be true where patron merges or general cleanups have taken place.

Another report, Circulation by Postal Code has a logic…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to submit the idea that Polaris offers the ability to run a report based on patron activity dates, and not their LAST activity date.
    Currently, we can only run a report using "Last Activity". This is not helpful if trying to determine how many patrons were active in a given period because if they have had activity after the specified period, they would no longer be counted in the report.
    There is a canned report under System > statistical summary, but it only looks at borrows, and would not count ILS card activity such as from a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We'd like added the ability to purge report downloads from SimplyReports that are sitting in user folders. This would include deleting ad hoc report, scheduled report, and saved report extracts from their respective user folders after a specified number of days.

Currently these settings are listed under the Admin section of SimplyReports, but we only found out recently there is no process tied to the settings. We'd like to see this functionality built. Details about their unavailability can be found in the SimplyReports help article "Set the general application defaults" (bottom).

Idea Value
    We have several users with years of…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm repeatedly finding instances where a patron is missing their registration date. At first, I thought it was migrated data, but after updating those records, I discovered it happening over and over. Please prevent the registration date from being deleted.

Idea Value
    We have some third-party applications that break if there isn't a registration date. Also, we use that date for statistics and to narrow down results.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, when you create a report in Simply Reports and save it for future use, the saved report will allow you to generate a PDF or a spreadsheet file, but will not allow you to request that a record set be created. You can only create a record set by recreating the report from scratch in the Simply Reports interface. We have reports that we run monthly to catch items that are newly assigned to LOST, MISSING, and DAMAGED statuses, and to get a record set that I can work with, I have to run each report from scratch, manually.…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SimplyReports offers only one format when downloading the results of a report, and that is a questionably formatted xls file that always throws a warning when opening in Microsoft Excel. Microsoft left the xls format behind almost 15 years ago when they launched the xlsx format in Excel 2007. My idea is not only to update the downloadable report format to xlsx, but add reporting formats now common in data handling and processing:Update xls and replace it with xlsxAdd export to OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods)Add export to CSVAdd export to JSONAdd export to PDF

Additionally, it'd be an excellent update to…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Many libraries run the same reports regularly, such as new items added, items withdrawn, circulation reports for authors or other limited parts of the collection, etc. The only thing that changes is the record set used. We can save report parameters, but to use a new record set you now have to find the old report in My Reports/type of report, select and edit it to use a different record set, continue, name and save the new report and then go back to My reports to repeat the whole process to run it. It would be much easier to create…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?