Use library email addresses for email testing.
When testing the email workflow in LX Starter, the emails are currently sent from email@example.com. Instead, it would be better to send test emails from the actual email addresses configured for the library.
This would more fully validate the end-to-end email process and catch any issues before LX Starter is live, as reliable email delivery is critical.
- Tests the full email process from the library's email address
- Catches email issues before product launch
- Validates reliability of email workflow before sending emails to patrons.
- Update the LX Starter email test feature to send from the configured library email address rather than the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Build in functionality to delete the test emails afterwards...
The key goal is to ensure a smooth, reliable email process for libraries launching on LX Starter.
I appreciate you taking the time to consider this request.
Emma Olmstead-Rumsey commented
This is vital. Our biggest issue with LX Starter has been message delivery, so being able to test the look of messages is less important than being able to test the delivery process.
Rebecca King commented
It makes sense to test the notices with library emails before sending out to all the patrons.
Eric Young commented
Note: This idea is in addition to using the libraries ILS data for testing. See the following. https://ideas.iii.com/forums/951985-lx-starter/suggestions/46715374-ability-to-send-test-message-with-data-pulled-from