Improved Iconography for Deleted Bibs
Sierra 6.7 introduces a new feature pulling cover art from the 024 field of a record when there is UPC there as long as some other conditions are also met. This is fantastic as it's made our SDA so much more vibrant & useful with all the new cover images displaying.
Putting together a video preview of 6.7 for our staff, I came across something that led to an idea that's largely a cosmetic enhancement, but still somewhat helpful.
I did a keyword search for Jaws and limited the results to DVDs. A deleted bib turned up in the results & was represented by a book icon (see attached image). I was aiming to show a before & after shot where in 6.6 there was no cover art displayed in the results & with 6.7, there was cover art for everything, except for that deleted item.
I'm wondering if when a bib record is deleted, whether Sierra can retain the material type (& icon) in addition to the bib record number? I know I'm picking nits, & while what's gone is gone, if I do a search for nonprint items & a book icon is returned with the results, that feels a little off. It'd be nice if the icon for the deleted item either matched the search parameters or was a more nondescript image representing a deleted record.