Idea Exchange

ILS - Sierra

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. It's quite easy when entering data into varfields across the record types of Sierra to inadvertently include some trailing spaces, particularly when cutting and pasting text. I don't believe there is any value in retaining those excess spaces and they can cause problems with various tasks such as SQL searches and global updates if those invisible characters are not accounted for.

I'd like to suggest that whenever text is entered into a varfield and the record is saved, that a right trim is performed upon that field to remove any trailing spaces.

Idea Value
    Excess spaces and they can cause…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

This idea would need to be refined to be implemented in Sierra. The idea would need to be implemented on a system-wide basis and thought would need to be given to whether there are use cases where trailing spaces would need to be retained.

This idea will be archived for future reference and may be re-considered for a future release.

2. When exporting data from Create List, it would be useful to be able to include subfield delimiters in the data.

Idea Value
    Sometimes I want to export data so I can search and manipulate the data in another system like Excel or OpenRefine. However the Export Records function leaves out subfield delimiters. So for example 020|a and 020|z become exactly the same in the exported data.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In accordance with the Idea Graduation Workflow guidelines agreed upon by Innovative and IUG, this idea has been closed because it was submitted more than two years ago and has not been selected for inclusion in the product.

This idea is still available for commenting but is no longer eligible for voting.

Ideas that were submitted three or more years ago are archived for future reference.

3. I've found the ability to save complicated global updates on the server for reuse to be a huge time-saver. But I recently needed to delete a couple of the updates saved on the server and was suprised I had to contact Innovative to do that. It would be great if that was something we could do ourselves!

Idea Value
    I don't mind contacting Innovative for help and in many cases prefer their assistance! But in this case it seems like if we can create these saved updates, we should be able to delete them ourselves or at least edit the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In accordance with the Idea Graduation Workflow guidelines agreed upon by Innovative and IUG, this idea has been closed because it was submitted more than two years ago and has not been selected for inclusion in the product.

This idea is still available for commenting but is no longer eligible for voting.

Ideas that were submitted three or more years ago are archived for future reference.

4. I want to be able to create a load profile that will default to use review files when loading.

Idea Value
    I have record loading projects that always need the Use Review Files function, but I don't always remember to check the box. It would be useful if I could make a setting in the load profile that would check the box for me, so I don't have to remember.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?