Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

125 results found

1. In System>Parameters>Notification>Notification Options>Overdue & Bill, I would like to see the "Include Claimed Items" broken out into individual notification options for Claims Returned, Claims Never Had, and Missing Part. As of now, if this option is selected, notices will go out for all or nothing regarding these claims. I would like to only send notices for Missing Part items and not the other two. My reasoning is I do not want to continue to send notices for items I consider "resolved" when a patron says they returned something or that they never had it. However, I do want to continue…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The multiple holds feature in Leap is really nice - unless you want to make sure that a bib you're selecting is actually the thing you want, the need for a preview option has been suggested in another Idea Exchange submission.

Another common use for multiple holds is creating what we at DPL call "Teacher Sets" where staff pull a bunch of topical items based on criteria provided by a teacher, place holds on them and then check them in to fill those requests and contact the customer.

Right now this is really clunky. Since there is no option to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sorting by a column, then choosing an item and hitting located, it resets the sort back to the default.

This is not ideal at our larger locations who may be pulling dozens of items at a time.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Our site manager said this was a previous long-standing enhancement request and suggested I check here and vote on it. I can't find anything that matches, so am starting an idea.

We have several patrons at different branches placing holds on items they already checked out so as to bypass our unwritten guideline of leaving items available to others for 24 hours before being checked out again. Now, for older items this isn't a problem and staff are allowed to make exceptions, but this practice is becoming a issue. We do allow one renewal, but apparently this isn't enough for…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One of our member libraries have displayed interest in having the option to include the ability to attach multiple patron barcodes onto one patron record. The want for this is due to the interest of adding collectible library cards to their location. They also spoke to another library uses the Sierra ILS. It was stated that their ILS has that functionality already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In a consortium setting or just a large, multi-branch, library system, the most efficient hold preference setting may not be the same for both sequences.

We currently have to pick the hold preference setting that is necessary to meet our consortium’s policies in the secondary sequence, but is redundant in the primary sequence. It would improve patron experience and reduce unnecessary shipping if we could impose different settings for each of the sequences.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Our library went fines free, but still charge patrons if they place a hold, but do not come in to pick it up. We don't want to charge them to place the hold, but do want to charge if we transit the item, make it available, but they don't come get it. In lieu of fines, this is a major revenue stream for us. We are migrating to Polaris and are surprised to learn it does not offer this functionality. Please consider adding this!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a holds notification at checkout tell what library the item, or items, are being held at.

Scenario: A patron who is not our patron is visiting our library and has holds on our holds shelf. They come to the desk with books to checkout. The notification that we get now is something like "patron has 3 holds at a library other than their home library of Potsdam" This does not signal to me to check my shelf, it could be any library. In the test LEAP we had, it would tell me "patron has 2 books held in Waddington…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The patron birthdate field and postal code field both require correct formatting to save the record. If would be helpful to staff if Leap could have auto-formatting (as many web forms do), e.g. insert the dashes in the birthdate (yyyy-mm-dd) and capitalize and insert the space in the postal code (A1A 1A1).

Adding the calendar date picker back for the birthdate field would also be great, assuming that the issues it used to cause could be resolved.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need a note field in the item record that pops up as a warning box at check out and check in for notes that staff and patron may need to act on before checking out and in. Notes such as "Patron needs to sign a hold harmless form." Or the price of this piece of the kit is $250.00. Or "Item must be returned to this library." Staff should be able to close the window once they have read it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is currently only one setting that determines how long an item needs to be overdue before it reaches billed status and charges the patron for the cost of the item.

We would like to have different types of material reach billed status at shorter intervals. For example, we would like for a device that checks out for 4 hours to be billed on the patron record after 1 day, rather than the 63 day interval that we use for standard material. Similarly, we would like our hotspots to become billed after they have been overdue for 3 days.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Calls to a patron to notify them of books on hold can't be added to Polaris.

It would be especially helpful if we could manually add notifications (even if we manually email a patron) and the appropriate reason/time into the notifications history. I've seen a "dated notes" suggestion here but don't feel these are the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Current functionality says "If the item is held at your library (the pickup branch is the same as your log-in branch), and you change the pickup branch, the hold will automatically change from Held to Shipped."

We would like this to function the same as if the item is not at your location and mark the item so it appears on the holds to transfer list. The staff will then scan the item to mark it as shipped. We have staff that work at different service points no where near our holds shelves and it would be convenient if they…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a way for patrons to request materials that can become part of the holds workflow.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do this by creating a record set and using 'Ad Hoc Bulk Change' or 'Bulk Change' to change the circulation status from 'Lost' to 'Withdrawn', retaining the bill and item information on the patron's account.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently printing receipts from the Leap web app is unideal, requiring either significant manual intervention from the user or extensive browser tweaks to get it operable. A background desktop client (similar to JSPrintManager) could handle the printing far better than the browser does natively.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Per the Polaris support team as of September 2023, SIP2 only supports communication about holds where the associated item is in "Held" status. Holds requests in other statuses are 'invisible' to third-party services communicating with Polaris through SIP. When I brought this up, our site manager recommended putting in an enhancement request. Apparently there were some older ones on IdeaLab that have not been carried over to Idea Exchange.

I was skeptical that there would be anything Clarivate could do from within an ILS to make this change since it sounded like a SIP limitation rather than an ILS limitation,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our librarians make regular use the staff client's bibliographic option to sort by "most popular" when searching by author, particularly when supporting the needs of children and families. Please provide sort by options in Leap to match those available in the staff client.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I cannot think of a situation where, if I have a record set containing more than 250 items, it would be okay to proceed with doing things in that record set without loading in all of the items. It is typical to need to take a similar action on all items in large record sets but very challenging due to the 250 at a time limit. I just had to scroll and click more 27 times before I could embark on a bulk change. There should be a load all button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We are upgrading to 7.4 soon and noticed that one of the new features (from 7.3) was the ability to cancel held holds. These seem to display really nicely in Leap (especially with the holds to action tab), but the display in the Polaris client could be improved. Currently, it seems like these cancelled holds just get added to the cancelled view which does not give any indication that the item was on the hold shelf and needs to be pulled/checked in.

I would like to see either a canned report that lists all held holds that were cancelled at…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?