Idea Exchange

ILS - Polaris

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Right there there are problems with Polaris PAC not being ADA compliant due to the lack of visual focus indicators in some areas. Now that WCAG standards apply to government agencies, including libraries, this lack of accessibility leaves libraries open to lawsuits. Please fix this issue in all the templates that you provide.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CLOSED  ·  1 comment  ·  Discovery & OPAC  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Searching for the book title "Why be happy when you could be normal?" (without quotes) returns the following error "'ERMS_ComputeRelevance08' failed because parameter 23 is not allowed to be null." in the catalog search results.

However, other catalog systems and discovery searches such as Vega (https://mdpls.na.iiivega.com), Sirsi (https://jkpl.ent.sirsi.net/system), and Koha (https://catalog.mylakelibrary.org) accommodate this search with results, without having to remove the "?" or surround string with quotes, which most patrons wouldn't know to do (we had library staff that didn't even do this by default).

This seems like a pretty basic glitch to fix…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED  ·  2 comments  ·  Discovery & OPAC  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need Leap and the Polaris client to better handle bibliographic records with many items and many hold requests.
    My library has a bibliographic record with over 1,200 items attached and over 1,200 active hold requests. (Bib record: 1081932)
    The item records attached to this bibliographic record have always been slow when modifying and saving one of the item records in Leap and the Polaris client.
    More recently, Leap has been timing out more often when attempting to modify and save an item record on this bibliographic record.
    This results in me having to update the item in the Polaris client and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm a librarian with an eye convergence dysfunction (one which is considered a disability under the ADA) that requires me to use accessible font both on screens and in print. The font on the Polaris client does not adjust like the rest of the programs on my computer do to meet my needs, which does cause significant eye strain and migraines. I've found that while the font on leap does increase/zoom with my computer accessibility settings, leap doesn't have all the same functionality that the Polaris client does. I'd love for Clarivate to make the Polaris client so I can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Require the patron to enter their three-digit CVV code from the back of their credit card. In the Polaris Language Editor I have already added a red asterisk that matches the other red asterisks in the form to convey that the CVV is required.

PACMLPAYMENTBILLINGCSC_1017

<font size="3" color="#9B3131" style="font-weight:bold;">*</font> Card Security Code

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please consider creating a dedicated forum specifically for system administrators to share their enhancement suggestions. As a system administrator myself, I have found that it can be challenging to navigate through the various forums to find topics relevant to our role. Additionally, a dedicated forum would allow us to more easily collaborate and share ideas with other administrators who face similar challenges.

I believe that a dedicated system administrator forum would be a valuable addition to the support portal and would greatly benefit the community. It would provide a centralized location for us to discuss and propose new features and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At the demonstration of Leap at IUG, we learned that PO line item duplicate check is not available in Leap at the point of PO creation. We need to be alerted to existing items in our systems if we own them, to attach add copy orders to existing bibs. Please add this functionality.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add format rollup to the PowerPAC catalog. Format rollup would greatly enhance the exisitng PowerPAC since it would reduce the number of various search results patron have to sift through to find the format of their choice making it a cleaner discovery product. Another library has achieved this so it would seem to be something that III programmers could also do.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Due to how the Patron Access Catalog has been created, much of the search parameters are hidden behind dynamic java-script calls which, even though it often fully refreshes the page, doesn't make any changes to the URL path - the information is saved within a session (or local browser store). This means that customized search queries often can't be shared with others.

There are some mappings that can work. Back in version 3.2 of Polaris, a document for PowerPAC Access Points existed in the help documentation. We know we can target ISBN, Control Number, Keyword, Title, Author, Subject, and at…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently Polaris email notices look like someone printed out a ransom letter on a dot matrix printer, faxed it to someone, then scanned that into email program and sent it to the patron.

One of the best ways to improve this communication is by using other platforms and providers who specialize in this type of communication. Currently, this 3rd party integration is VERY difficult in Polaris and almost impossible for libraries who use Innovative's hosted service.

This idea is to provide better APIs and System Administration controls that would allow easier integration with 3rd party email service providers such as…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Polaris should develop integration with a major email marketing platform, like MailChimp or MyEmma, so that patrons can opt in or out of receiving newsletters and other general or marketing information by email from the library with a setting embedded in their patron account. Integration with Polaris can be achieved using APIs provided by the email marketing platform. Below are some specific functional requirements:

1 - A field in the patron record in LEAP to record the patron preference of receiving a newsletter/marketing email. This will allow library staff to adjust the setting on behalf of the patron, for instance,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Browser auto-fill settings often populate and overwrite patron registration and cause errors during password resets. The Leap fields should be set-up to prevent being changed by autofill.

Idea Value
    Autofilled fields can accidentally be saved, affecting patron data quality. Fixing autofilled data before saving a record also takes up staff time, and can be awkward when helping patrons. Preventing autofill fields would save time, confusion and errors to sensitive patron information.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?